WINTER !

RussN

Just as a major winter storm hits Western Oregon, USA, and I recognize there's no chance of any safe riding for me in sub-freezing temperatures and winds potentially up to 80 mph (125 kph!), I get my motorcycle re-registration documents in the mail!!

Figures.

The beginning snow fall outside teases me.

RN

We had a surprise snowstorm Tuesday, in that a small accumulation was originally forecast and we got more than double the forecast. Very slick, we had an appointment and saw several wrecks going and coming back. This weekend the temps are 30 degrees F warmer than usual.

Vance:

So glad you were not one of those wrecks! Stay safe.

Temps here go sub-freezing on Wednesday and stay that way for at least 4 days. MUCH lower than our normal.

Hard freeze certain with several feet of snow possible. Cars are all fueled up, pantry is full, and firewood is split and available.

Despite being an all electric home, we have 3 wood heating options, one of them being a full-cooking stove.

We'll hunker down and be cozy fine.

Go Seahawks!

RN

We ride Global Warming machines. They do fine in weather extremes, even floods...

The increasing number of Urals and Dneprs on the roads are a sure sign of such weather changes. (...natural selection...)

We need leaders who listen to science facts and pay attention.

Hopefully someday soon...

RN