No Kick Starts

SafetyBob

A recent health issue may force my selling of all my kick starts Russian Iron. I can't kick anymore..

I do have several "modern" Urals that have e-start. That will keep me in the game.

I have no idea how to do this if I have to go this route. But the thought is killing me.

I thought of trading several in on a e-start Gear Up or Patrol.. We shall see....

Just pondering..

Have a safe day..

SB#3

Sorry to hear your health news. Life does these things to us, and more often as we age.

I was unable to do any sidecar piloting this year due to a shoulder rebuild. 2020 will be much more fun here as I get back in the saddle.

I'll stay tuned to learn how you deal with this change.

At least there are ways to keep you riding.

RussN

SB... I don't know much... but, do have some severe RA episodes... So I understand a bit..

Sometimes it is a PITA but worth it to learn a Different "method".. I find varying methods easier to accomplish for the KickStart system on the Russians... more Varied than the Darnn Kick only Harleys... Maybe... just maybe???? on a good Day???

On bad days... you bet... button, button....who's got the button!!!!

Luckily the Clutch pulls relatively easy on most of the Russians... My Hands suffer terribly sometimes...

Good Luck to You...

I got a care package of Steroid Pills, for Christmas... Should be in good shape, but, No Kicking nor riding in this weather...yea ...we gots Snow!!!

Wondering aloud if you tried steroid pills...Not the Injection...tho it does miracles, and not the Pack... just low dose for a few days???

Back where I was at.... I cannot start the Dnepr with the same foot/leg, as the Harley... odd as it seems.. It took some experimenting for Each...and I am not likely to kick over a Couple times... Luckily, I have had them both long enough...I don't have to kick very many Times!!!!!

Good Luck...sincerely. Maybe I'll get down to Southern LA this Spring!!!!!

You Know... You got me to thinking more about it...and Maybe it is just Me... But the Damn Ural Kickstarts with More difficulty somehow, than the Dnepr... Kinda like the gearing or something is just Not right on the Ural, while the Dnepr is a Snap..

for me, with my Examples anyway!!!

Perhaps Urals have higher compression ratios, making kick-starting harder?

Regardless, Happy ___________ (insert favorite holiday) Season!

Wishing all of you The Best.

RussN

• 2 months later...

Gents,

I have turned in the 2013 Retro and the 1994 Tourist to Ural NE. If you are looking for good clean Russian Iron, they are from my fleet here and should make their next owners very happy.

I have service journals on each if they go to someone here...

I miss them already..

SB#3