Dnepr 11 ignition coil help!

19youngj

Never seen one like that befor. This is what would originally be fitted

https://www.ebid.net...0-173245925.htm

But this one is better and more available

https://www.ebid.net...e-173245922.htm

Or upgrade to this

https://www.ebid.net...l-173245694.htm

Hope thats of some help, What country are you in ?

Will the second coil work with the normal points system? I am located in central USA.

^^^ LOL

Haven't even looked at my Points, in 3 or 4 Years... Trouble-free enough for my needs

I just had to replace mine, since they where to worn to get an acurate measurement from... After only 7 years (I'd guess around 3-4000km/year on average). perhaps my capacitor is a bit ######ty? :)

^^^ LOL

Haven't even looked at my Points, in 3 or 4 Years... Trouble-free enough for my needs

I just had to replace mine, since they where to worn to get an acurate measurement from... After only 7 years (I'd guess around 3-4000km/year on average). perhaps my capacitor is a bit ######ty? :)

Capacitors are funky items... New is Not necessarily Good... I Test caps on a Running bike and label them... too many problems.

A Bad cap will either not show spark [shorted] or [if open] will not allow RPM to Increase... popping and farting...

I find it best to test them on an operating engine, and put them in stock as Tested... "New" means nothing to me anymore...

Yep, I've been running a capacitor that I put in my "used spare parts" bin before I installed it on the bike. It's for an air cooled VW running a Bosch 009 distributor, I just cut of the mounting tab put it in place of the Soviet item and it works. I'm running a stock points set up with an unknown aftermarket coil. I did make up new plug wires with NGK resistor caps and running NGK plugs.

Been running that way for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I've been running a capacitor that I put in my "used spare parts" bin before I installed it on the bike. It's for an air cooled VW running a Bosch 009 distributor, I just cut of the mounting tab put it in place of the Soviet item and it works. I'm running a stock points set up with an unknown aftermarket coil. I did make up new plug wires with NGK resistor caps and running NGK plugs.

Been running that way for years.

I was taught to Not use any resistor cap/wire/plug with points... wire is for points...

Do what works for you tho..