2000 Ural Deco Classic w/2010 750cc Motor and Nippon Denso Alternator

Setter_Chauffer

post-27445-0-68031000-1569611619_thumb.pngpost-27445-0-27381400-1569611639_thumb.pngpost-27445-0-66381800-1569611663.pngRuns strong: 75 mph uphill, headwind, "shields up" and passenger in tub. (I did not believe it at first either. Maybe combination of tall final drive ratio in this model, a little more power in 750 cc motor and Ducati ignition at time of install.)

Clean but "aesthetically distressed" i.e., normal wear and tear for age/km - ridden regularly

27,000 km and change

10,000 km and change on new 2010 motor, Nippon Denso alternator (Ukranian hand grenade did in old motor), starter (have all receipts for install). All done by Gene Langford at Holopaw Ural who heat-bends kick-starter so you get to keep it.

In addition to all the lovely Deco chrome, accessories & extras include:

-Tub tonneau, white

-Tub and bike windshields

-Law enforcement saddle

-Original Deco saddle (unmounted)

-Trunk-mounted luggage rack

-Fourth wheel and tire w/trunk-mount fixture

-Spotlights

-Tank-side reverse shifter

-Ural jerry-can (3 gal?) & mounting bracket, beige primer

-Complete original tool kit

-Owner's and service manuals (such as they are)

New owner may want to pull tranny and replace bolt sticking out the back that controls & adjusts reverse-gear shifter throw (total of $1.50 in parts). It broke off along with locknut flush with the case at some point (probably when Klutzmeyer here was changing clutch cable) and has migrated outward, partially disabling reverse function, meaning I catch enough of reverse to act as parking brake, but not to back up. I have not done the job yet myself as situation has been stable 9000+km, I don't routinely drive around in reverse, all else works as it should, and I the enjoy sin of sloth.

New owner will also want to get new clutch handle/lever as Kawasaki replacement (don't ask) unduly shortens life of cable.

$5500 firm, given my scientific survey of current asking/selling prices.

Why am I selling? Age-related orthopoedic and neurological impairments and impairment-related wishes of spouse.

Buyer may give me extra years of life: if I don't get my price by summer 2020, I'll try driving it to CA as gift to nephews. But enthusiast will give it a far better home.

Cheerio. Ciao. Namaste. Aloha. Salaam Malakum. God Bless. Dobroe Noche, and be sure to read your Dostoevsky - best way I know to grok The Spirit of Ural.

• 2 months later...

So long as you make sure you have tires that aren't worn flat across from sidecar service. This impedes the bike's ability to lean and makes for some white knuckle handling. Fresh tires will cure this.

Most important: The straight front forks allow Solo riding.

The geometry of the Ural leading Link front forks makes solo riding dangerous, due to the increased sensitivity to turning.

This has been my Ural experience from1998 on, when we got our first Ural: a "BC Classic" model.

Mechanically identical to the Deco model.

I have ridden it Solo. A fun ride.

So fun I also acquired a Ural Solo, and still have both a sidecar rig and solo in our garage, although newer models.

Danger: Addictive.

~RN

Thank you for the information. I'm primarily interested in the sidecar and would sell the bike for solo use. It of course would be best to buy a rig with the bike type being suitable for such use.

Ive been out of riding for many years, at this point I need a sidecar for various reasons and like the Ural cars best. My riding history is another make of bike and I'll stay with it due to familiarity, having tools and experience working on them for fun and for a living, and simply liking them a lot.

I don't know Much... But with a 2010 Engine, that seems a Very good Deal!!

Sorry you need to give it up!!

Are you sure you don't mean 75KPM in opening Statement... LOL

75 MPH definitely: I grok it as greater power of 2010 motor and especially tall final drive ration in 2000 Decos compared to other models.

The Deco model paint job was done at the USA importer's location:

Classic Motorcycles and Sidecars Inc, in Preston, Washington.

I had their painter do some custom work for me, and it remains good today.

The Deco paint scheme is a bit of a collector's item, being so unique. Food for thought.

~RN

• 1 year later...

Reviewing this string of posts nearly a year later, I'm a little shamed that I have not kindly thanked all respondents sooner. If Malamute is still around and interested, yes I would be willing to sell the sidecar separately and even - given spousal permission - deliver it (attached to bike) for suitable fee.

Reviewing this string of posts nearly a year later, I'm a little shamed that I have not kindly thanked all respondents sooner. If Malamute is still around and interested, yes I would be willing to sell the sidecar separately and even - given spousal permission - deliver it (attached to bike) for suitable fee.

Thanks for thinking of me. If I hadnt already acquired a rig I would be interested. I would suggest advertising it on the advrider forum, theres a fairly extensive sidecar section and many enthusiasts there. You may have success in the complete rig, or selling the car separately, the Ural cars are popular to use with other bikes.

In my case, I ended up with a 1984 H-D Low Rider and a used DMC M72 car. The older H-Ds, similar to the 1947 I had in the past were way out of my budget, the 1984 will have to suffice.

Thank you Russian Bike Nut. Photo session with bile yesterday renewed affection. Decided not to sell for now. Will upgrade post with photos soon so you can swoon. Besides, my research shows values increasing. Perhaps keep in reserve for burial insurance and be interred in tub. If (he says hopefully) present engine does not endure, favor BMW R90 power train as I owned one once and it was nice and smooth. Did you do your own installs of upgrades? If so, can you guide me to guidance? If not, who did? (They have everything in LA, right?) Looking from Central Arkansas, the nearest shops that sell and (say they) service Urals are either "Powersports" (tr. checkered jacket and pressure sales) or "Joes Lawnmower and Ural." (Well, it is kind of a tractor.) Closest ones I would trust to lay hands on are in Florida, Michigan and Northern California … 1000 mi almost to the door for first, Gene Langford at Holopaw Ural, who put in my engine.