Fuse block

Comrades,

Haven't posted in a while but I've slowly been making progress on my mt11 project.

I'm at the point were I'm ready to drop on a new wiring harness as the original had been badly bubbafied. I'd like to upgrade the fuse block to a more modern one using blade fuses, and have look over other threads. However, I cant find anything that says what the values are on the original fuses, and the ones I had are not marked. Anyone know what they are supposed to be (10,15,25a)? I don't want to go through all trouble of making the wiring right and fry something.

Pics of progress to follow soon.

Thanks, Gregg

Seriously? 18 views and NOBODY knows what fuses are supposed to be in this thing?

I have a MT16 and replaced my fuse block. I used 10A in 3 positions and 15A in the lighting position. I tried to use a 10A in the lighting circuit but it popped so I bumped up to 15amp, I guess the headlight pulled a lil' too much juice for the 10A to handle. I have a 20A coming off the battery +.

Whiterabbit, Thanks for the reply and the info. I saw your wiring guru post as well and that was super helpful in making sense of my new harness. Like you I hate electrical work but unfortunately it has to get done.

Thanks again, Gregg

Hi Gregg. Those fuses if they are like mine are color coded. I can't remember the legend but it is as all old school European fuses were. Brown 15 amp blue 5 amp so and so forth. I think if you were to google European ceramic fuse color code it might be helpful......maybe. Hope that was a little helpful. Would like to here your findings. Sol

Hi Sol,

There are 2 reds and a white in my factory block, best I can tell they are the same as old vw beetle fuses. Reds are 8a an whites are 16. I've only got 3 of the 4 that are supposed to be in there, and I'm not confident they are right. I've got a factory service manual in English but they list the fuses in Cyrillic, which I can't read. white rabbits arrangement is where I'm going to start. Will keep you posted