Ural C-51 racer.

"TSKEB" together with "IMZ" in 1961-1962., Three motorcycles manufactured "C-51" with boxer engine displacement of 496 cm3 and two camshafts in each of the heads. Compression ratio - 9.5, the maximum capacity - 60 l. s. at 8500 rev / min. Weight motorcycle without a sidecar - 190 kg, 285 kg with a sidecar. Maximum speed accordingly - 180 and 150 km / h

http://i677.photobuc...kAenaztLis4.jpg

That, is a beautiful piece of work, however it is a racing bike, it is complex to maintain in racing trim....nice ....Ken

Looks like overhead cam.

ya spose there is two pushrods in that single tube??

What is that tube-like place between Valve heads?

There is probably a shaft turning inside that tube to drive the valve gear.

Dave

Desmo......

It is not a Desmo. It is double overhead cams with standard type valve system. I have asked the guy that gave me the pictures from the museeum. Atleast what he claims.

OK...Sure would be neat to see the system, Shaft driven conventional rockers!!!

Gotta be Cool

The shaft from the engine block drives another shaft that drives the cams in each end of the cylinderhead, what is so amazing about that? Desmo is a Ducati thing and i have not seen any other manufacturer using that system......what i know of at least.

The shaft from the engine block drives another shaft that drives the cams in each end of the cylinderhead, what is so amazing about that? Desmo is a Ducati thing and i have not seen any other manufacturer using that system......what i know of at least.

Well for a non-engineering type like me would like to see the innards!!

I am intrigued by the Desmo system as well....Probably because I know pushrods to be an RPM killer.