M63 ressurection

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Egad that's nice! I've hit a slight hiatus - money has been diverted to house improvements (good news is I no longer need to cut grass all the time!). I also have family living with me until they find a place to live....I do hope my retirement in ~20 years time is a lot quieter!

If OK I'll print your black and white picture to stick in my motorcycle shed wall. Looks close enough to mine to act as a reminder that life can sometimes take a back seat ;-)

I am actually getting parts to attach my Steib sidecar to my M66. As it is going on the left hand side I'll be welding the mounts on. I'll document it and start posting again....

If OK I'll print your black and white picture to stick in my motorcycle shed wall. Looks close enough to mine to act as a reminder that life can sometimes take a back seat ;-)

No problem, I have more pictures but that one is "the one". When I will have some time I will resize the pictures and will post here all the pictures.

• 3 years later...

Hi, read your M63 restoration report from start to end (May 2020). You did an amazing job. I will not be able to meet the standards you reached, but your report will certainly be an inspiration in the restoration of my M63 with Hollandia sidecar. Thank you for your detailed blog and beautiful pictures!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the vid and the thread!

You've put some serious elbow grease in that build. And quite some money, too, I guess 😉
Stuff keeps needing money all the time, even if you do as much as possible yourself...

Do you do it as a hobby or as profession?

I've just rebuilt an 650 engine and a dnepr gearbox (not done by now), but my stuff isn't looking as nice as yours 😉

20210319_203047_compress29.jpg

20210319_203020_compress62.jpg