Spark Plugs

Hi, I open this old topic because I have following doubt.

For Dnepr MT11/16 the spark plug is A17B for operation on petrol with octane number 80-98.

The A17B can be replaced by NGK BP6HS (which I see is widely used) https://www.sparkplu... ... t/APS/A17B. Infact from NGK catalog for MT11/16 there is BP6HS but for Cossack Dnepr 650, the spark plug is BR6HS. I think the 650cc of Cossack Dnepr is same as Dnepr. So why this difference?

I am looking for a R type to use with koso digital tachometer to avoid interference, so is the BR6HS suitable for MT11/16? Any experience with this spark plug?

What about a BPR6HS? In NGK catalog is given only for 50/100 cc scooter but I found other sidecar's owners are using with latest Ural huh.gif

Thanks

post-51387-0-75475900-1584374950_thumb.jpg

post-51387-0-18360900-1584374960_thumb.jpg

dunno about the BR6HS, I run the BP7HS in my Neval/Dnepr import model. Also use the previously mentioned 5K ohm resistor caps from NGK, copper core wire, stock points and Harley coil. And a condenser for a Bosch 009 distributor, left over from my air cooled VW days.

Not sure where you're located but the guys at NAPA have always been helpful. Other auto parts houses not so much.

At Hood River's (Oregon) Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum

http://www.waaamuseum.org

we refer to NAPA Auto Parts as the National Antique Parts Association.

A useful place.

RussN

dunno about the BR6HS, I run the BP7HS in my Neval/Dnepr import model. Also use the previously mentioned 5K ohm resistor caps from NGK, copper core wire, stock points and Harley coil. And a condenser for a Bosch 009 distributor, left over from my air cooled VW days.

Not sure where you're located but the guys at NAPA have always been helpful. Other auto parts houses not so much.

I am located in Italy so I can't access to NAPA Auto parts. I am going to try BP6HS to BP8HS according the temperature. Are you willing to share the link from NAPA or picture of the part you mentioned before?

- 5K ohm resistor caps from NGK --> do you mean the silicon one?

- copper core wire

- stock points

- condenser for a Bosch 009 distributor

- Harley coil --> does Harley coil fit inside the metal cover?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Resistor caps from NGK are LB05E also listed as 8031, google is your friend here. Common around here. I got them at a motorcycle accessories shop.

Copper core spark plug leads, sold by the foot most auto parts places, pretty generic item, Packard 440 wire

Harley coil is just a generic term for a common (in the US) twin fire coil. Mounts outside the engine cover. I'm not home now so I'll see about getting pictures when I am.

The condenser I'm running is what I had in my stash when the original failed. I have a new stock condenser in case of future failure.

Stock points too. Carry a spare set. Although, I've never changed them in the 17 or so years of running the stock points.

Good luck on this.