Any Other Nevals In The U.S.?

ARozanski

Nevals badged Dneprs and Urals under their own name, they imported to Canada and tried to break into the US market without much luck. If one examines any original Neval bike, it will have an MPH calibrated speedo with the Neval trademark on the face and a red dot marking the old US 55 speed limit. Even English bikes are marked like this , why bother with a country specific mark if the bikes were not intended for that country.

Neval's produced lots of model variations by mixing and matching parts and even produced some bikes specifically for the US market, such as the Neval MT80 Champ, a BMW r80 engined MT11 outfit with fully valanced sweeping mudguards ( think old Indian styling) and two tone paint job.

Yes I have red one that had a Honda front fork with disk brakes put on it and the side car taken off. It also had a Chevy alternator mounted on the left side with the old alternator stub used as a jack shaft and belt driven, I have taken it apart as has been sitting since 1988. It has domed pistons and a single carb.Ill get some pics and put up.

Yes I have red one that had a Honda front fork with disk brakes put on it and the side car taken off. It also had a Chevy alternator mounted on the left side with the old alternator stub used as a jack shaft and belt driven, I have taken it apart as has been sitting since 1988. It has domed pistons and a single carb.Ill get some pics and put up.

Lol. I'd forgotten about the single carbs. Nevals attempt at getting round US emission regulations in the early 1980's. Not really a success as the intakes usually iced up in cold weather. Most were fitted to MT10-36 models

some one can correct me if I am wrong but neval is gust another name for Dnepr that was imported to,the USA

My understanding is that Nevals have different carbs, ignition, and the addition of a tach. Not much different than the base Dnepr.

Mine has two Dellorto carbs and manual ignition advance.

some one can correct me if I am wrong but neval is gust another name for Dnepr that was imported to,the USA

My understanding is that Nevals have different carbs, ignition, and the addition of a tach. Not much different than the base Dnepr.

Nevals did more than one make of bike under their own brand. KMZ, UMZ and IMZ were the main ones. Depending on level of spec, and model of bike. Some had rev counters, some didn't , some had aftermarket coils mounted on the top engine steady, others were standard . They certainly did experiment using different carbs . There are many variations of models they supplied, as well as the 'Champ' I have mentioned, they also produced a 2wd version of the MT10 for the Canadian market

To say that all Nevals were Dnepr's is incorrect.

Nevals did more than one make of bike under their own brand. KMZ, UMZ and IMZ were the main ones. Depending on level of spec, and model of bike. Some had rev counters, some didn't , some had aftermarket coils mounted on the top engine steady, others were standard . They certainly did experiment using different carbs . There are many variations of models they supplied, as well as the 'Champ' I have mentioned, they also produced a 2wd version of the MT10 for the Canadian market

To say that all Nevals were Dnepr's is incorrect.

Makes sense. Mine is indeed 2wd, and probably came down through Canada, given it seems to have moved through New England, down into PA.

I ran him down in town to talk about it so he had me follow him over to a park just out of town. He asked me if I wanted to take it for a ride so I swapped for my GS rig and took it for a nice little ride. I was actually surprised at how well it handled, not quite as good as my Ural Patrol but it was a decent running rig. He said he picked it up at some farm around the area and spent a couple of years getting it straightened out and he did a good job on it.

I ran him down in town to talk about it so he had me follow him over to a park just out of town. He asked me if I wanted to take it for a ride so I swapped for my GS rig and took it for a nice little ride. I was actually surprised at how well it handled, not quite as good as my Ural Patrol but it was a decent running rig. He said he picked it up at some farm around the area and spent a couple of years getting it straightened out and he did a good job on it.

Mine handles okay, but I think the leading fork front end would probably be better. Mine is kinda bouncy and right turns are challenging (more so than you would think from a sidecar rig, in my opinion).

Yep, I have a Neval. Much like the MT16 Dnepr. It has the coil mounted on top of the engine, tach and single SU carb. I ran the single carb set up for a couple years in all weather conditions (below freezing to humid summers and rain) and never experienced any carb icing. I'm located in Indianapolis. I later swapped the single carb for a pair of Russian carbs and the stock Dnepr air cleaner. Not that the SU was ever a problem, I just wanted a more stock Soviet set up.

Other than the previous owners attempt at replacing the LH piston it has been very reliable. I ended up replacing the piston again with no issues. Poor guy installed some unknown, to me, flat top piston. I used the later Dnepr domed piston

The 2wd MT10-36 is actually much closer to the military MB650 than it is to the MT16, i think that's where Neval's got the idea from as the MT16 didn't come out until about 5 years after Nevals produced theirs during the 1980-1982 period

MT16 is built round an MT11 frame that has a provision for a sidecar brake and the chassis drive unit is fitted with one.

MT10-36 and MB650 bikes have no provision for a sidecar brake. They also share the wiring and switchgear

A few MT10 civvy bikes are actually built using military frames ( no steering lock on the headstock and no r/h passenger footpeg)

There are too many differences for me to list , but the 2WD MT10-36 is as close as you can get to a genuine Soviet military bike, without actually having the real thing.