Lowering a Front Fender - Mudgaurd on britspeak!

I wonder if you can replace your lower forks with these http://www.oldtimergarage.eu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26_34_39&products_id=4055 (you need one for the left and one for the right) then get a mudguard and attach it like the one on this bike http://www.russianiron.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&image=1207

Basically you want something to hold the mudguard so it goes up and down with the wheel - clamps or weld on some tags to bolt a mudguard on?

When my dad bought the Dnepr I now own new he put a Windjammer fairing on it. In order to do so he had to lower the front fender. He did it by making a bracket for the fend that then attached to the forks with U bolts. I have since undone this mod and put the fender back in the stock position.

Thanks - I've just fitted some brackets which I got online for £6 and hope they give enough road clearance as they are fixed to the upper fork. Will report back but 30 minute job and looks great - main issue will be tyre fouling bottoming out but not sure.

Lowered Front Mudgaurd - Fender

So - my quick mod seems to work fine. 6 steel straps 100mm x 25mm wide x 3mm thick and a few nuts and bolts and it sits perfectly over the tyre. So far with maximum braking and force tyre seems way off the guard. I'm guessing that only with severe offroading it would bottom out and I'm not offroading it so I'll see how it goes. To my eyes it improves the looks of the bike - see what you think and hope this helps others. Straps were easily found on Ebay.

Before And After