Unavailable.2005 Dnepr MT16 For Sale

Bistriteanu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since I'm new to everything Ural and Dnepr, there's a lot I don't know. The most important thing for me right now is, would this rig make the trip across the state to the Erie area? Or would it need to be shipped? That is, assuming it's still available.

Sorry Jim,just came back from vacation.Took it for a ride,stopped,tried to start it again,and it wont do it.I had to get a tow truck. I'll have to check the coil and the electronic ignition.I'll let you know. These machines are unique in many ways,and before buying one I suggest reading what other owners had to say about them.Research these forums for that. In short,they need a lot of tinkering, you have to be mechanically inclined and patient with them,and willing to get your hands dirty. I seldom took it for a long drive,and always made cooling stops every 1/2 hour or so. To ride it home,I would imagine in a few stages,40m/h,using the back roads.It's not a highway bike. Here is one good link:

http://www.russianiron.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14785&st=0

I'm in no big hurry. Actually, I need to sell my '74 Ironhead Sportster to be able to work any deals. Having just moved into a new place that needed complete renovation, I haven't had time to do some minor work on it to make it saleable. I'm taking it to a friend who owes me; hoping to have it on the market in a week or two. Then I can get serious about a hack.