Pontoon mufflers

I got these ugly, beat up, pontoon mufflers from a local that sold me a pile of Dnepr parts. I put them on to see if Anastasiya ran better with duel mufflers than her original single system, I didn't notice a difference in performance. I haven't seen any shaped like this before and don't know what model there from but I am starting to like them, the sound is very quiet in the saddle but my buddy's say it sounds good from behind and driving by. post-30095-0-40084300-1368042109_thumb.jpg

Them mufflers are damn heavy and a bit too muffled. i took mine off and changed them for more 'sporty' ones from F2 Motorcycles.I also removed the airbox and added K and N filters. I also changed the jets in the carbs to match. The bike sounds a lot better now that it can breathe a bit, it also goes better.

Ride safe and free. martyn,Aberdare. :smile:

Ya Martyn there heavy enough I think my rig rides smoother now! I am starting to like the quiet sound too cause I can actually hear the parts that fall off hitting the road..........

Them mufflers are damn heavy and a bit too muffled. i took mine off and changed them for more 'sporty' ones from F2 Motorcycles.I also removed the airbox and added K and N filters. I also changed the jets in the carbs to match. The bike sounds a lot better now that it can breathe a bit, it also goes better.

Ride safe and free. martyn,Aberdare. :smile:

I also removed the cigar mufflers from my 2003 Ural Wolf, and replaced them with something a bit louder, that doesn't drag when turning.

~RN

post-27762-0-26897900-1368396507_thumb.jpg

Russ what FD gears does your wolf have? I want to change mine in the extra one I have and try it, but I don't want to go for the same as a solo cause I know it will lose torque....

Russ what FD gears does your wolf have? I want to change mine in the extra one I have and try it, but I don't want to go for the same as a solo cause I know it will lose torque....

Hmmmmm..

I don't remember (gettin' older..), and I'm not where I can access my Wolf's printed manual.

But I can tell you that 3900 rpm = 60 mph! So it's geared higher than our other two Ural sidecar rigs.

Anyone else remember what the final drive ratio is on the Wolf?

~RN

3.91, like my Retro. Flat land gearing.

My Retro rig actually seems to have a lower final drive than my Wolf.

60 MPH (gps) = 4200 rpm, vs the Wolf's 3900 rpm @ 60 mph (gps).

Hmmm. (or one of the tachometers is lying...)

They both provide good gear/weight riding ratios, though.

~RN