Fuel consumtion

If I keep to sideroad and slow highway speeds - 50 - 55mph, I can get a constant 28mpg. Going faster or off road, it alters - faster goes down to 23-24mpg, off road goes to about 19mpg.

Beside age, condition,tune of the bike it's gonna depend on how much you wring it out. and terrain. I run mine like Ragman does on back roads and below 60 mph. Other than a PA ignition it's pretty much stock in good tune and mileage varies between 28-32 mpg's and usually 30-32. "Any" bike dragging a hack is going to get poor fuel mileage compared to a 2 wheeler. Best I've seen is my neighbors Enfield outfit at about 40 mpg' at 40-45 mph. Gotta love Enfield hacks.. they're about the only outfit we ever get to pass. :)

You may wish to view <http://rosco.id.au/2012-01-12_fuel.pdf> keep in mind these are aussie litres/gallons/miles.

I average 12.8km per litre / 36.22 mpg - about 31mpg US gallons?? Have PA ignition and Ural 750 32mm Flat Slide High Performance Carburetors (PN 10004)from Raceway Services. Bike is very rarely ridden without gear and passenger.

Cheers, Rob.

You may wish to view <http://rosco.id.au/2012-01-12_fuel.pdf> keep in mind these are aussie litres/gallons/miles.

I average 12.8km per litre / 36.22 mpg - about 31mpg US gallons?? Have PA ignition and Ural 750 32mm Flat Slide High Performance Carburetors (PN 10004)from Raceway Services. Bike is very rarely ridden without gear and passenger.

Cheers, Rob.

I get between 7 liters per 100km and 12 liters per 100km, depending on speed and wind conditions. At 90 to 95km/h I expect to get between 8 and 9.5. I'll let you convert this into those little US gallons. More speed uses lots of fuel.

A ride quite a bit ( over 60,000km in 28 mths) and I don't use a screen. But we don't have winters here like in North America. Don't worry about asking what others are going, be an individual and do what's comfortable for you.

Norm

09 Ural Tourist

04 Bonneville America

Thanks for all the inputs, i will post the pic if i do the step. One morr question, do you use a windshield for the driver in the summer ? I live in Oklahoma. and i use my bike a lot. I have a Vstrom and made almost 26k miles in 2 years.

The windscreen is a personal pref. There are many that use them. I personally do not (I have one - I just don't use it).

I get between 7 liters per 100km and 12 liters per 100km, depending on speed and wind conditions. At 90 to 95km/h I expect to get between 8 and 9.5. I'll let you convert this into those little US gallons. More speed uses lots of fuel.

A ride quite a bit ( over 60,000km in 28 mths) and I don't use a screen. But we don't have winters here like in North America. Don't worry about asking what others are going, be an individual and do what's comfortable for you.

Norm

09 Ural Tourist

04 Bonneville America

For the metrically deficient/deprived 7l/100km ~ 39MPG while 12l/100km is ~23MPG...but like Norm O said, don't worry about it! If you bought a Ural as a fuel saver - FAIL! :feelssogood: