Great day for a ride

Nothing much to report - but man it was an awesome day for a quick ride. I have been super busy with work/family that I have not had a lot of "me" time. Today my schedule was kind of light so I decided to meet some friends at a BBQ joint. I have been craving fried pickles and this place was supposed to be pretty good.

Fox Brothers BBQ. If you are in the Atlanta area I highly recommend it. The pickles were great as was the brisket.

The ride itself was nothing much - 15 miles each way (hardly a ride) but it was 67 and the sun was beaming. Even though I dove into the perimeter of Atlanta (something I hate doing) the food was totally worth it.

Yeah - I need to get out more.

J

Yeah - When I am not on the road for work I work at home - so no commute. Seems like when I go out it is to take the dog to doggy daycare, or take the kid to daycare.

The dog will not go near my rig and the kid is still a bit young to ride. I have been stuck taking the cage everywhere.

J

Mmmm....sounds good! I'm excited about the longer days but we're still waiting for nicer weather. It's 64• in my living room and I have three coats on, lol!

Looking forward to some evening summertime runs soon!

Fried pickles sounds kind of tasty, if a bit strange. Sounds like your ride was just what you needed. Just as soon as the weather stops being annoying, I will doing much more riding - got 540km on the rig now, and need much more.

Guess we'll have to find our own NW delicacy worth driving to! I don't think the fry beer or coffee here yet, Jeff!

I'm pretty Lucky in that I live so far in the Rhubarbs that a traffic jam is more than 2 cars at the [only] intersection in town [Village]. Absolutely gorgeous day today! I've got some bit of work to do... then My main Monkey and I are off down some dirty ole road to no place in particular! Gotta go get at it Now!!!

RP

whoa, fried pickles, another southern delicacy I just don't get...ride right past where Fried Green Tomatos was shot, a lot, don't get them either...but happily take my out of town friends to have their fill.

You know, there are quite a few of us from Georgia with Urals now. We really should organize some sort of ride or get together. Thinking maybe High Falls State Park? Lots of good roads and a bunch of dirt roads and a national forest near by too (that the Retro and I have been exploring of late. Yeah, I know, said I would never ride her off road...)

And no, this is not a shameless plug for the sidecar club I happen to be president of...could be, but not going there...

High falls is a great spot k have not been there in a few years. Let's do it!

I really wish I could participate in more rides- that darned job thing keeps getting in the way!

Don't feel bad about plugging the gscc... Plug away. When is the next get together? I did have a good time meeting everyone a while back!

J

I really wish I could participate in more rides- that darned job thing keeps getting in the way!

Don't feel bad about plugging the gscc... Plug away. When is the next get together? I did have a good time meeting everyone a while back!

J

Work is a nasty 4 letter word...

Well, it was good riding around with you in January! We (Georgia Sidecar Club) don't do a lot in February and March, unless there are 5 Fridays in March and we used the March middle Friday this year to try to help attendance at the USCA Florida Rally, oh well, we tried... Since you brought it up, Sidecars in the Smokies is not ours, it's the USCA, but one of our members is doing it and several GSCC members will be working it and there will be Urals there, some time in May (and admittedly for the more street oriented) a dinner ride to Bob's Small Town Grill in Royston, Ga. If we are going that far just to eat, yeah, it's that good, June 3rd a bunch of us go to the Atlanta Ride For Kids that's always fun/inspiring/depressing/worthwhile all at the same time, our Sidecar rally in Cleveland, Ga June 7-10 and the very next weekend in June (15-17), we'll be at High Falls, just for a campout and ride around and also a relaxing weekend for the folks who worked our rally. One can always go to our events page right here and see what is planned and yes, there are a few Ural items there that have been submitted to my newsletter editor, who does not have a Ural (he and his wife both have HD based rigs), and made it to the page...

We have a growing flock of Urals in Georgia, and there is not Ural rally in Georgia, simply going to have to do something about that...going to get the GSCC rally out of the way and see what can be come up with...think I have a name for it Georgia Rally Of Portable Equipment...GROPE, isn't one of those yet is there?

J

Work is a nasty 4 letter word...

Well, it was good riding around with you in January! We (Georgia Sidecar Club) don't do a lot in February and March, unless there are 5 Fridays in March and we used the March middle Friday this year to try to help attendance at the USCA Florida Rally, oh well, we tried... Since you brought it up, Sidecars in the Smokies is not ours, it's the USCA, but one of our members is doing it and several GSCC members will be working it and there will be Urals there, some time in May (and admittedly for the more street oriented) a dinner ride to Bob's Small Town Grill in Royston, Ga. If we are going that far just to eat, yeah, it's that good, June 3rd a bunch of us go to the Atlanta Ride For Kids that's always fun/inspiring/depressing/worthwhile all at the same time, our Sidecar rally in Cleveland, Ga June 7-10 and the very next weekend in June (15-17), we'll be at High Falls, just for a campout and ride around and a relaxing weekend for the folks who worked the rally. One can always go to our events page right here and see what is planned and yes, there are a few Ural items there that have been submitted to my newsletter editor, who does not have a Ural (he and his wife both have HD based rigs), and made it to the page...

We have a growing flock of Urals in Georgia, and there is not Ural rally in Georgia, simply going to have to do something about that...going to get the GSCC rally out of the way and see what can be come up with...think I have a name for it Georgia Rally Of Portable Equipment...GROPE, isn't one of those yet is there?

Love the name, and I think it would be a great idea! I would love to get to CRAP this year, but May is a hard month to get days off as a teacher, and If I left Friday afternoon, I'd have to drive till late at night, and leave early Sunday, so no CRAP for me this year.

Let's try to get something organized. We need a good camping spot for all of us near some decent roads and a great eatery. Any suggestions?

whoa, fried pickles, another southern delicacy I just don't get...ride right past where Fried Green Tomatos was shot, a lot, don't get them either...but happily take my out of town friends to have their fill.

You know, there are quite a few of us from Georgia with Urals now. We really should organize some sort of ride or get together. Thinking maybe High Falls State Park? Lots of good roads and a bunch of dirt roads and a national forest near by too (that the Retro and I have been exploring of late. Yeah, I know, said I would never ride her off road...)

And no, this is not a shameless plug for the sidecar club I happen to be president of...could be, but not going there...

OK, I need to read all the posts in a thread before responding...

I have been to high Falls, and it is a good park.

Or, we could do FDR and drive the bikes through the pine Mountain Wild Animal Park. :feelssogood: That would make some nice photo ops.