new member from MA

hi everyone just joined the site to find aut more about bike i might buy

story is that i saw pics of this dnepr and guy asked 4000 $ and i offer him to rade for my jet ski wich i value them abou t3-3500

those 3 pics were in add that was yesterday

today i met him at his place and he showed me the bike and it was in really rough shape

he told me that pics were taken 2 years ago and since bike was sitting outside under the tarp

for past 7 mo carbs and spark plug were not there and just taped off with duct tape

i took some pics of curent condition and it look like it need full restoration

i can do all the work myslf but i need somebody with more knowledge about those bikes

and what is involved

please check out the pics and tell me what the bike is worth in this condition

its 94 dnepr 650 2wd

thank you

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm I am bit by the Dnepr bug so you might not want to listen to me.

I see it for what I could make it, not what it is....

She needs a total teardown and rebuild.. I would guess the engine has water/debris in it from being open...

Be that as it may... Parts are cheap, the work is fun and when you are done, you will have a fine machine...

It a hobby, a labor of love... Some may say a sickness...

It has kept me sane and at home for years...

I'd offer 500 and see if he bits... I'd stop at say 700..

You'll have lots of time invested to strip and blast the body and wheels and build the engine... Some money in parts..

Hope this helps...

SB#3

The bike does look like it is in good shape but needs a total restoration.

If the spedo is correct. its almost a new bike. At $800 I would still buy it

if I was looking for one.

Thanks guys that's what I wanted to hear

All the parts are there just need to be taken apart ang blast scrub and clean everything

I like to work on the bikes and need some hobby as my winter project is almost done

I'll try to make offer and will go from there

Thanks guys that's what I wanted to hear

All the parts are there just need to be taken apart ang blast scrub and clean everything

I like to work on the bikes and need some hobby as my winter project is almost done

I'll try to make offer and will go from there

Welcome, and good luck with the search.

And don't let him talk you up too much because of the mileage. Actually, super low mileage is something you don't want to see on these. It means it was never really even broken in before the owner experienced problems. But, as the owner of a 650 ural that I rebuilt from a rusty-frozen-engine-every-bearing-and-wire-needing-to-be-replaced-1000-pound-paperweight, I hope you get it and it becomes a fun project. This is a good place to start looking for information. I have worked on bike engines since I was 12, and I have learned a lot about these bikes here.

Welcome to the site! I just joined myself a year ago and I have my own total restoration going on, with a rig in similar or worse condition than your potential project. The members here have been great and are very knowledgeable.

That rig looks like it would be a fun one, and the two wheel drive is a plus.

I'd venture you could even go a little higher- I think you'd be able to sell the sidecar alone for $1000-1500 here on the East Coast. The Beemer guys love them for the airheads (myself included), and a new imported CJ or Ural car is a lot more. So even if you spent $1000 for the rig, worked on it for awhile, and decided it wasn't for you, you could probably list the car on ADV or United Sidecar Association or IBMWRA for $1,000- $1200 and get your money back, then part out the bike here. Some must die so that others may live, as they say...

i've work and ride on bikes since i was really young 10-12 yrs old

back in czech republic where im originally from

i have been living in us for 6 years

back in cz i work on lot of old 50's 60's motorcycles cause that was only think i could afford back than, mostly JAWA,CZ simson & MZ

i dont think that speedo is original

also seller said he got box full of new parts like alt. gaskets, cables and some parts that he dont even know what they are sitting in the basement

with sidecar seat

it look like everything is there but every piece need to be restored