Buy a new Ural?

Chappo

I am looking forward to seeing as much of the state as I can on 3 wheels and at a slower pace. I have decided on a Tourist when the time comes, hopefully in the dark green. quote

Maroon goes much better than Green and they don't crash as often, but then Norm reckons Red goes better! Haven't had contact with the Melbourne crew but was speaking to "Squib" and friends yesterday - they were very pleased with them. Know you will enjoy the Ural as much as we all do. Cheers, Rob.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G'day Adam, I am due you will be happy with any Ural. The guys at Eurobit are good to deal with & the store is quite interesting.

A couple of their Ural customers are not happy with the way their bikes were set-up, and pre-delivery attention to detail. It's easy to finalize proper set-up yourself.

Although it's requires more of your time you may be happier in the long run to take delivery at Kentucky and meet Jon Taylor and his dedicated group.

Thanks for the heads up Norm.

Ross, I have followed your exploits for many months on both your blog site and on ADV and you have blamed you on several occasions to my wife for wanting a Ural.

The minister for home affairs and finance has lovingly decided to let me get a Tourist over a Model T, as long as she can pick the colour. I have always wanted a 1964 Mini Cooper in British racing green and she decided that this is my 3 wheeled russian version without the union jack painted on it.

Ross, I have followed your exploits for many months on both your blog site and on ADV and you have blamed you on several occasions to my wife for wanting a Ural.

I think I'm far enough away to be able to accept the blame... she can't reach me! I need to get out and about again, it has been far too long since I've had a decent ride.

I realised last night as I updated my fuel spreadsheet that I put no petrol in the bike in September. That will change. I put two new tyres on yesterday and she's all ready to get out and about again.

HI all,

Jimbo here from Queanbeyan. Normally a Triumph Thunderbird rider with a little Royal Enfield C5 Military which now has to be sold to make way for my newest acquisition.

I've just spent the day at Eurotune, with Anders and his staff and in the company of Jon Taylor who delivered a blue Tourist and my new Gobi Ranger!!

What a true gentleman that Jon is! He guided us through the assembly and pre-delivery of the Tourist and left us with the assembly of the Gobi after leaving us with a virtual library of information about all things Ural.

Some photos of our day;

Jimbo

post-28359-0-54661800-1349692312_thumb.jpg

post-28359-0-21630300-1349692708_thumb.jpg

post-28359-0-52645600-1349692724_thumb.jpg

I've just spent the day at Eurotune, with Anders and his staff and in the company of Jon Taylor who delivered a blue Tourist and my new Gobi Ranger!!

What a true gentleman that Jon is! He guided us through the assembly and pre-delivery of the Tourist and left us with the assembly of the Gobi after leaving us with a virtual library of information about all things Ural.

G'day Jim! Congratulations!

Jon told me there was a blue Ural coming to live in Bega, so I guess that's it. I just need to find the owner...

I'm down at Pambula but I come up to Canberra to visit our daughter, so maybe we'll bump into each other? We just about have enough for a small gathering... (can you tell I'm really not happy about missing the recent Ural event?)

There's also another new Ural at Jerrabomberra; a Forest Green Ranger/Gear Up, owned by John (aka Jaraslav).

Anders and Jon were saying that they believe there now around 4 or 5 in the ACT region.

I'll tell Anders that when he takes the blue one down to Bega on the weekend that he should advise the new owner about this Forum.

Mine is now together and sitting up in the front window at Eurotune - with the blue one and a yellow Bondi on the showroom floor!!! Three (3) Urals in Eurotune at the same time!!

Is there a 'naming convention' for Urals? Seems that a lot of them are female with eastern European names??

I was thinking of Gertie for mine.

Cheers

Jimbo

Thanks Rob,

There really IS a family atmosphere here amongst the Russians! :thumbsup!:

I even had a lovely conversation on the phone today with a new friend.

Still struggling with the 'naming conventions ' though;

I first thought of "Gertie", then

"Agrafena" (or Aggie, for short), and now

"Jitka"

Any more suggestions??

Cheers

Jimbo :cheers:

Anders and Jon were saying that they believe there now around 4 or 5 in the ACT region.

I'll tell Anders that when he takes the blue one down to Bega on the weekend that he should advise the new owner about this Forum.

Mine is now together and sitting up in the front window at Eurotune - with the blue one and a yellow Bondi on the showroom floor!!! Three (3) Urals in Eurotune at the same time!!

Is there a 'naming convention' for Urals? Seems that a lot of them are female with eastern European names??

I was thinking of Gertie for mine.

My bike is Fiona; so much for naming conventions... (she's as green as Shrek, but better looking)

I'm looking forward to another Ural in this area, I'm almost shocked by the shear amount of interest and knowledge of Urals there is amongst the riders I've met since coming down to the Sapphire Coast. It's great to see and would be a good area for Jon to target.

Hey Ross,

I hear that you actually know the owner of the "soon-to-be-at' Bega, Tourist owner!

We put her on Anders' trailer this afternoon and he's taking it down tomorrow afternoon. Apparently you're going to teach the new owner 'everything Ural'! :thumbsup!:

I'm hoping that I can get Anders enthused next week to finish 'pre-delivering' mine. Can't wait to get it out on the road!!!

Cheers

Jimbo :cheers:

I hear that you actually know the owner of the "soon-to-be-at' Bega, Tourist owner!

We put her on Anders' trailer this afternoon and he's taking it down tomorrow afternoon. Apparently you're going to teach the new owner 'everything Ural'! :thumbsup!:

I'm hoping that I can get Anders enthused next week to finish 'pre-delivering' mine. Can't wait to get it out on the road!!!

I do? Maybe... I have met lots of new people recently and remember few names. If I knew where to find him I could go for a ride up Bega to view the offloading.

:party:

I'm a little confused I have to admit... it's coming from Queanbeyan is it? That's where you are?

If I have that right maybe I could ask a little favour and you could see if they could send a little part down with him? Me being an idiot when I took the wheels off for new tyres last week I left things laying around and I've lost one of the washers/spacers that go under the axel nut on the rear axel.

I just got clearance from the Boss to attend the Pink Ribbon Ride in Canberra on the 28th Oct so I might take the chance to check out the Ural shop while I'm there.

I do? Maybe... I have met lots of new people recently and remember few names. If I knew where to find him I could go for a ride up Bega to view the offloading.

:party:

I'm a little confused I have to admit... it's coming from Queanbeyan is it? That's where you are?

If I have that right maybe I could ask a little favour and you could see if they could send a little part down with him? Me being an idiot when I took the wheels off for new tyres last week I left things laying around and I've lost one of the washers/spacers that go under the axel nut on the rear axel.

I just got clearance from the Boss to attend the Pink Ribbon Ride in Canberra on the 28th Oct so I might take the chance to check out the Ural shop while I'm there.

Yes, I'm in Queanbeyan, but you're a tad late with your request, because the blue Tourist should already be down there!

I don't think Eurotune have too much in the way of specific Ural parts yet, so the "Ural shop" is really the Triumph shop with two Urals standing proud on the showroom floor. Mind you the Gobi is turning lots of heads!! Bit hard not to when you have to almost bump into it on the way in the front door!! Who knows: mine might actually be out on the road with me by the 28th?? I could try and get the others motivated and we could have a "Gathering".

Cheers

Jimbo