Just ordered this 2011 Patrol

3X2

Looking to have some serious fun

i like the colour-it's very subdued......ha,ha,ha, only joking- even a blind man could see you in that rig! and at least the snow plows will avoid you in the snow. seriously though,it's a great rig-i have an 04 model. over in the uk it's called the'dalesman'. i enjoy every minute of mine-including servicing it myself.

ride safe and free. martyn,aberdare.:feelssogood:

Be prepared to double your "UDF" ...i had a sportster in that colour and no matter where i parked it or how many bikes were around it everyone was drawn to that orange....my son was 7 at the time and named it "The Sun Devil" because the way it looked on a bright summer day :cheers:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ?

(Got 'er yesterday, right? So - que paso ?)

I appreciate riding my Ural for one reason most people don't mention: CONSPICUITY !

THIS is something you'll never have a problem with. Mine's black, so I can imagine someone running me over and explaining to the cop "But officer - I didn't see him ! "

You'll never have that problem -

Ken (The) Wild (One)

• 2 weeks later...

great looking rig, and I'm not saying that only because I own the same one! :rolleyes:

I picked mine up on March 3rd.

Cool! Looks like it is in it's intended element. I see you have a Strom with sidecar. I thought about putting a hack on the 2004 Burgman, but it was cheap and easy to just buy the new Ural. How does the Strom rig compare to the Ural?

Cool! Looks like it is in it's intended element. I see you have a Strom with sidecar. I thought about putting a hack on the 2004 Burgman, but it was cheap and easy to just buy the new Ural. How does the Strom rig compare to the Ural?

Well, the DL1000's 98 HP make quick work of riding up the steep hills that sometimes trouble our Urals, highway speeds are not a big deal though at around 85MPH the air pressure on the hack causes some yaw effect. I've always been a shaft drive motorcycle guy, so the V-Strom's chain proved quite the learning experience for me, and it's maintenance needs are a bit demanding at times.

Still, it's a great rig, but it'll be weeks before the replacement parts get here from Enumclaw, WA where DMC makes it. It was side-swiped by an idiot cager and the sidecar's robustness saved me from injury.

More details on riding a V-Strom Rig on my personal blog, see my sig if you're bored and or curious. :biggrin: