Bench Seat Discomfort

MrGross

I have a 2007 Patrol (900 miles),which I've had now for 2 months. I am 6'4" and 295lbs. I'm a little "squeezed" in for longer rides. I usually have to "scooch" back at stops to stretch out a bit but that too is uncomfortable as I'm then sitting on the raised part of the bench seat. I'm wondering if anyone has some good advice. Adjust?, Reupholster? Or find a tractor seat instead.

I found the bench seat too uncomfortable and have been using the OEM tractor seat from very early on, up 1" and back about 4", which I find quite OK. If I could find a "police style" tractor at a reasonable price (freight expensive to here) I would certainly use that. Cheers, Rob. 2008 Tourist.

I hate to say it, but you may not like the solo. I am 6'0 and not light....:blush2:...but I prefer the solo over the bench. If your issue was simply comfort, then the solo rocks. If you need to stretch, stay with the bench. Perhaps you should look for the flat, non-stepped bench.

I'm only small (5'9") but must say that the tractor type seat is the most comfortable seat I have ever experienced. I got the seat to replace my bench seat for pure cosmetics to start with, but it kept me so comfy during a trip round France last year, I was amazed. I don't ever intend putting the bench back on. You can find them cheap on eBay.

To solve the comfort issue on my Ural, I bought a used Harley FLHP solo seat and seat T. I modified the T by making a bend in it, and cutting part off, turning it around, and welding it back on. I was then able to mount it to the frame (I am explaining from memory, as I sold the bike a while ago). It made my Ural my most comfortable bike I owned at the time. I have owned many bikes over the years, and the Harley police seat setup is the most comfortable I have ever ridden.