Vin # of Dnepr from vin plate

nickdnepr

hello, i read on hear before a gentleman that post could look up what kind of dnepr you have from the vin plate? if anyone can help me with this please let me know.

thanks,

nick

I think it was Coldwartrophies who said he could give info based on the vin, but I may be wrong. try PM -ing him.

thank you Cold War Trophies. the sidecar wheel is non-powered so it is a mt-11. just curious i get asked a lot and i am not sure the answer. what approx is the bike worth?

thanks for the info!

nick

' welcome. Value is subjective on these things, generally on an as is machine in normal typical condition(can vary from rough to just horrible) they are worth whatever someone will give you. I price my machines on several criteria, first and always is the amount of $$ put into them restoring and upgrading, #2 is the paint job, and #3 is possible historic value and correctness of this bike. So if you see my price of $6000 for an MV650, some will scream that's way too high and pine on about how you can get one for much less, quite true, but you still have to deal with making a bargain bike right mechanically($$ all up front at once or over time), and if you want it to look nice there's repainting(not cheap if done right using good quality paint). Some Russian bikes are now genuinely collectible, especially on the home markets. I know this really isn't the answer you wanted, but.............its how I set numbers.

the info you mentioned makes sense. i am keeping a running tally of the $ i am putting into my bike. i have a title, tag, and registered it. i also have replaced the battery and a few other tweaks . it seems to run great and i don't see myself selling it anytime soon. i just need to come up with a ballpark # so when i am ready to sell i make sure not to get ripped off/ rip anyone off i am selling it too.

thank you again for the info

the info you mentioned makes sense. i am keeping a running tally of the $ i am putting into my bike. i have a title, tag, and registered it. i also have replaced the battery and a few other tweaks . it seems to run great and i don't see myself selling it anytime soon. i just need to come up with a ballpark # so when i am ready to sell i make sure not to get ripped off/ rip anyone off i am selling it too.

thank you again for the info

A good quote from my partner in Ukraine, based on how they bicker and negotiate over prices there, ask 5x more then you want for it, if they pay it put head between legs and kiss yourself, you didn't ask enough! 'Negotiation' is the fun part of the sale.

I also have new & used parts if you need them, I'm in FL, so that's close to you from what your profile shows.

C

• 3 weeks later...

The VIN on my Dnepr is 888868 (seriously on the data plate and the frame). I just figured they only had an "8" stamp and just didn't hit the 5th digit hard enough!! Can you give any information of the rig from that VIN? I always wondered about that.

John

The VIN on my Dnepr is 888868 (seriously on the data plate and the frame). I just figured they only had an "8" stamp and just didn't hit the 5th digit hard enough!! Can you give any information of the rig from that VIN? I always wondered about that.

John

Not by the numbers alone. I need a clear readable foto of the original VIN plate, as attached at KMZ. Not one of the fake plates stamped/sold/made up by some eBay companies or importers.

C

Ahhhhhhh, that might be whats going on. It was just that the number on the frame matched, so I thought it was good. I'll have to do some more looking.

The number sequence on the factory VIN plate should match the stamped numbers on the frame, however the VIN plate has the alpha codes to ID the model year. The VIN plate also has the serial number for the original motor that was installed, it normal for them not to match. That's why I need the plate image. KMZ does not sell the VIN plates, so it you see blank ones for sale they are fakes, the one I make that has my serial number is a copy of the original with my company info on it and latinized characters.

C

• 3 years later...
I need a clear readable foto of the original VIN plate, as attached at KMZ. Not one of the fake plates stamped/sold/made up by some eBay companies or importers.

Is mine one of the "fake plates" or one attached at KMZ?

That one does look awfully new and there's a grain in the metal. Does that number matxh te one on the right side shock mount area? As long as you have a title that matches that plate I wouldn't worry if it's real or not. The one on mine looks like the one in the original post. Has a few different areas such as year code, engine and frame number. In NC they have these inspectors who check VINs. Don't get me started. Lol. Anyway, when they looked mine, he wrote down all kinds of numbers not just the stamped frame numbers but the printed ones too. I am going to leave it on there even though I bought another nicer one since he took photos and such. Having a title on thses bikes is all that really matters since they were brought here in parts. I love it