matman1972

hello board members. I am new to urals. picked up a 650 tourist with a fried wiring harness and a rusted set of cylinders a few weeks back to keep me busy this winter. Engine is apart and about to be reassembled. frame, tins, car, etc were in pretty good shape, so I am just cleaning up and repainting. My kids and I have been loving the bike so far. I really appreciate the information I have been able to gather here and on SS.

a few pics.

post-10080-1290916426_thumb.jpg

post-10080-1290916617_thumb.jpg

hello board members. I am new to urals. picked up a 650 tourist with a fried wiring harness and a rusted set of cylinders a few weeks back to keep me busy this winter. Engine is apart and about to be reassembled. frame, tins, car, etc were in pretty good shape, so I am just cleaning up and repainting. My kids and I have been loving the bike so far. I really appreciate the information I have been able to gather here and on SS.

a few pics.

post-10080-1290916426_thumb.jpg

post-10080-1290916617_thumb.jpg

welcome and welcome again!

ride safe and free.martyn aberdare. :flame-on!:

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd update this post. Got the bike rebuilt and have been running it about a week and a half so far. had to end up completely rebuilding/ honing the engine and put all updated bearings throughout. I still need to replace the spark plug wires and fix the prawl gear so I can get the kick starter working. Using the electric right now, but it shortens my range with the total loss system.

A few pics..

So far so good. I have put about 2500 km on it in the past week and a half. The monkeys are loving it.

hi your outfit looks the bollocks mate, your kids look like they approve too lol. aint found a kid that didnt like sidecars yet.

you say tis a 650, what year is it outa interest?

well done on what youve achieved so far and good luck for many miles of grinning to come.

Thought I'd update this post. Got the bike rebuilt and have been running it about a week and a half so far. had to end up completely rebuilding/ honing the engine and put all updated bearings throughout. I still need to replace the spark plug wires and fix the prawl gear so I can get the kick starter working. Using the electric right now, but it shortens my range with the total loss system.

A few pics..

So far so good. I have put about 2500 km on it in the past week and a half. The monkeys are loving it.

hello matman,i like the rig,looks like you've worked wonders.congratulations on a job well done!

ride safe and free.martyn,aberdare,:cheers:

hi your outfit looks the bollocks mate, your kids look like they approve too lol. aint found a kid that didnt like sidecars yet.

you say tis a 650, what year is it outa interest?

well done on what youve achieved so far and good luck for many miles of grinning to come.

It is a 2000.

thanks for the support everyone. i still have some tweaking to do, (and probably always will) i am getting some silver swirls in the FD and trans fluids, the prawl gear isn't engaging on the kick starter(broken spring?).

I did finally realize the timing marks on the flywheel were off and I had the timing way too delayed. Starts much easier and no popping now.