M-72N for sell

akouni

What year is it? It looks like its been dead for a while, is it running or a typical pile of scrap metal? Where in Ukraine, and how can I contact in Ukraine? I have a business partner who could check it out if within 2 hours of Kiev. Contact me directly if you don't want personal info spread around by cyber spiders. coolussrbikes@hotmail.com

The M-72N (M-72H in Cyrillic) was made by the KMZ factory (later called Dnepr factory) from about 1956-1959.

These are pretty rare bikes, but probably not worth $3000 in its current condition even if it were already sitting in the US.

What year is it? It looks like its been dead for a while, is it running or a typical pile of scrap metal? Where in Ukraine, and how can I contact in Ukraine? I have a business partner who could check it out if within 2 hours of Kiev. Contact me directly if you don't want personal info spread around by cyber spiders. coolussrbikes@hotmail.com

Maybe I am out of touch since it has been 6 years, but I never paid more than $200 USD for ANY motorcycle when I lived in Kazakhstan. Usally a whole lot less! Of course I ended up spending thousands per bike once shipping/bribes/customs charges were figured in!

Maybe I am out of touch since it has been 6 years, but I never paid more than $200 USD for ANY motorcycle when I lived in Kazakhstan. Usally a whole lot less! Of course I ended up spending thousands per bike once shipping/bribes/customs charges were figured in!

What's your point?

I think his point is that $3000 is pretty expensive for an old rig (with a unique front end that I guarantee WILL need repair) that obviously doesn't run, especially when it's sitting in the country where tens of thousands of them were made. I wouldn't pay more than about $500-$700 for it where it stands. I'm pretty sure $3000 is near (or more than) the per capita income for the Ukraine.

But then again, you buy and sell them there professionally. Maybe you know what you're talking about...

My point is that $3000 is a huge amount of money to spend on a bike that is located in the Ukraine.

When I imported Soviet motorcycles I was lucky to get $3000.00 for a bike in that condition IN THE U.S.! The seller of this motorcycle has unrealistic expectations.

My point is that $3000 is a huge amount of money to spend on a bike that is located in the Ukraine.

When I imported Soviet motorcycles I was lucky to get $3000.00 for a bike in that condition IN THE U.S.! The seller of this motorcycle has unrealistic expectations.

I'll try to pretend I have some brains if I enter negotiations. I can always fall back on 27 years of experience importing vehicles from USSR and former USSR states if all else fails.

I'll try to pretend I have some brains if I enter negotiations. I can always fall back on 27 years of experience importing vehicles from USSR and former USSR states if all else fails.

I guess I don't understand what you mean.

I have also imported motorcycles from the former Soviet Union. I did not do it for 27 years though. :biggrin: My experiance was that Unrestored M-72s and K-750s did not sell for a great deal of money here. I am glad you have had better luck and have been able to do this sucessfully. For me, it was not worth the trouble of dealing with the tomozniki!