Russian Standard Vodka

IVANGROZNEY

When we were in Russia our tour guide in St Petersburg told us the best vodka was Russian Standard Platinum. Sadly it was not available back in the states. Last month while at the liquor store in the neighboring Polish town I met a very pretty Latvian girl doing a promotion for Russian Standard vodka. She was 5'8'' 120lbs, long black hair , big red lips, wearing black tights, a tight black turtle neck, black leg warmers and purple flats. She was pretty enough to ignore the purple shoes, eastern europeans have a differnt color sence and she had the accent to go with it. She listened to my trip to Russia story and she told me about Russian Standard. They have been importing it to the US for less than a year and are trying to get established in the market. I just had to buy a bottle. Russian Standard is better than Stoli and slightly cheaper at their promotional prices. The Platnium is slightly more that Stoli but even better. I am posting this for purely selfish reasons. I want Russian Standard to contiue to be available here.

I can't tell the difference between top shelf vodka and the cheap stuff. Believe me, I've done blind taste tests and everything. I can tell the differences between good scotch, rum, gin, bourbon and the bad stuff. But vodkas? They all taste the same to me.

I buy the cheap stuff!

Dave

Believe me, I've done blind taste tests and everything.

I've almost gone blind doing taste tests. :feelssogood:

Stoli is my personal fave, but I'll give this Russian Standard a try - they just started advertising it on TV here a week ago.

How do you drink it? The good stuff, I mean. It seems that mixing it with OJ would be a waste...

Neat? Over ice? Splash of something?

Oh, and Ken- did she say when she was doing the promo in south Jersey?!? Did ya get her number for me? Did you invite her to the Jersey Devil Hunt in May?

Vodka should be drunk straight, and directly from the freezer. If it ain't viscous it ain't good...

Polish voddy is my favourite, after Irish voddy.... Poitín :)

Dub

When I was in St Petersburg they kept the vodka in a freezer under the bar, no chasers. Out in Irbit I don't believe the vodka was chilled. I keep mine on top of the dresser.

Scott if I had her number what makes you think I would share it?

Warthog don't those ice glasses water down the vodka? Do you have to drink it real quick before that happens?

Down here in Auss we are starved for good Vodka,. best i ever had was on Iceland, cant remember the name of it, or most of the night either. I will keep an eye out for Russian Standard though. I agree is got to be straight, straight from the freezer...Cheers :beerchug: