windsheld for the side car

paul l

hello all well i got the Sahara and will pick it up next week. i like what tracer fire did to hers with the shield on the side car . so me being smart i said can you put one on .no problem he said with a smile and a cash register open. that will be 650.00 aust dollars for a windshield and a new cover.apparently the are different . so her wee go people is there a cheaper place for a new shield in oz or has some one got one . i.e second hand that's fits on or wood it be better to get one .overseas. thank you for your time paul l :rolleyes: :laugh: :flame-on!: :flame-on!:

That is a lot of money for a windshield. I know F2 motorcycles, in the UK sell them for £150, including fitting. Thats less than half the Australian price. Even with the cost of shipping it may still be cheaper to buy one from them, you will also be able to have the VAT (GST) deducted from the cost.

Alternativley, one of the US dealers may be able to help you out.

That is a lot of money for a windshield. I know F2 motorcycles, in the UK sell them for £150, including fitting. Thats less than half the Australian price. Even with the cost of shipping it may still be cheaper to buy one from them, you will also be able to have the VAT (GST) deducted from the cost.

Alternativley, one of the US dealers may be able to help you out.

yeah thank for that Avalon that's with the black cover two .u want to support the new dealer but i think he mite have been a car sales man in past life

hello all well i got the Sahara and will pick it up next week. i like what tracer fire did to hers with the shield on the side car . so me being smart i said can you put one on .no problem he said with a smile and a cash register open. that will be 650.00 aust dollars for a windshield and a new cover.apparently

Yeah, accessory prices over here are over the top... I wanted the plastic leg shields - that'll be $140 thank you very much...

hello all well i got the Sahara and will pick it up next week. i like what tracer fire did to hers with the shield on the side car . so me being smart i said can you put one on .no problem he said with a smile and a cash register open. that will be 650.00 aust dollars for a windshield and a new cover.apparently

Yeah, accessory prices over here are over the top... I wanted the plastic leg shields - that'll be $140 thank you very much...

hi roscoau i got quoted seventy five dollars off the importer.last week for the shields .i think i will bye all my gear from f2 motorcycles in the UK it seem a good site .or look in the us for some. cheer paul

hi roscoau i got quoted seventy five dollars off the importer.last week for the shields .i think i will bye all my gear from f2 motorcycles in the UK it seem a good site .or look in the us for some. cheer paul

Just remember that US dealers probably won't be able to supply any parts specifically for a LH sidecar, only F2 would stock those parts. Same goes for the CJ dealers, specify that you want parts for a LH sidecar or you'll get mirror image parts. As for the sidecar windscreen think about a Brooklands screen. Not as big as the Ural screen, but reasonably effective and easy to fold down when not in use. The Ural screen really knocks the mileage about.

What gets me is the price of a sidecar rear luggage rack, almost $300 and the brackets are extra. Go figure. After all its just a few bits of round bar bent up and tacked together. An abandoned shopping trolley would make half a dozen.

At one time Russian bikes were a cheap alternative for the less wealthy among the motorcycling community and were often the butt of other bikers jokes. This is no longer the case, with Ural bikes and spares prices increasing massively in the last few years.

If anyone wants the dimensions of the luggage rack so that they can make their own, I am happy to measure up mine and pass them on.

What gets me is the price of a sidecar rear luggage rack, almost $300 and the brackets are extra. Go figure. After all its just a few bits of round bar bent up and tacked together. An abandoned shopping trolley would make half a dozen.

The news is worse still for me at least...

On Wednesday I had the first service done by DBike at Greenhills - 2.5 hours at $100 per hour labour! $320 all up...

Talking to the new mechanic, I knew more about Urals than he did. I'll be going elsewhere next time...

The news is worse still for me at least...

On Wednesday I had the first service done by DBike at Greenhills - 2.5 hours at $100 per hour labour! $320 all up...

Talking to the new mechanic, I knew more about Urals than he did. I'll be going elsewhere next time...

yeah roscoau i pick mine up on Friday and rode it back to windang the brakes were not the best and i got the same $343 i got more just had a look at he invoice i got jipt. i think i will have to pull it all a part over christmas and have a good look at things cheer Paul .

You should maybe consider doing your own servicing, it's not difficult, and most of us would be willing to give you a hand if you have any problems.

Sorry, 'reply' isn't working for me today...

I expect I'll be doing most maintenance myself, but I do make a point of having the first service done by the dealer. The mechanic they had before was a whiz and was trained by the factory (ok, some service guy from Ural) but it wasn't a happy place.

I'm getting a bike lift as I'm not good at getting down on the floor. Crook knees and hips was one reason for getting an outfit...