Info please on Jet sizes, points Clearance and Head tension

Scott K-750

Hello to the brains trust. Well things are progressing with my education on my

K-750, I have read so much and absorbed so much over the past few weeks my head hurts. I do have a few questions I hope someone can help me with;

1. My carbs are PZ-28D. What size jets should I use keeping in mind I am in Australia? I understand different sizes are used above or below the equator (?)

2. What is the correct point’s clearance?

3. What is the correct head tension?

4. Does any body know where I can find, read, beg borrow or steal a manual on these types of things or is it just a case of “Its not written down, just ask”

The education continues…..

I thankyou all in advance, Cheers Scott

#98 DellOrto 5mm main jet worked for me. A Keihin jet of similar size should work.

Point clearance is 0.5mm.

Head torque Cyl. Heads 29-33 Nm 21.4-24.4 ft.lbs

For a manual Chang Jiang will do for the engine/gearbox and one for a Dnepr for most other things.

Just ask if your not sure.

#98 DellOrto 5mm main jet worked for me. A Keihin jet of similar size should work.

For a manual Chang Jiang will do for the engine/gearbox and one for a Dnepr for most other things.

I've been all the way to the end of the internet and there's no free English K-750 stuff on the web. I know it's not a K-750 manual, but most of the mechanical stuff still applies, it's Curt Peredina's Ural M-72 manual. It's an English translation of the German translation of the Russian copy of the original German BMW R-71 manual.

http://www.cj750.net/sitepics/faqhtml/Manual_M72_English.pdf

I've been all the way to the end of the internet and there's no free English K-750 stuff on the web. I know it's not a K-750 manual, but most of the mechanical stuff still applies, it's Curt Peredina's Ural M-72 manual. It's an English translation of the German translation of the Russian copy of the original German BMW R-71 manual.

Thanks for the reply and manual, its printing as I type. Ill open a bottle of vodka and get into reading it. Thanks again, Scott

Thanks for the reply SB, you ticked all the boxes...well done! I just called a mate and he has the right size Dellorto jet in his shed so I'll be arround this afternoon to pick it up. Thanks again...

Wow! Sounds like an SAP computer manual - written in German by a Hungarian and translated into English by a Frenchman.

Peter

I have PDFs of the manuals.

Only one caveat - must read Russian.

Нет, жаль я не говорю на русском языке. Спасибо за предложениe

(No, sorry I don't speak Russian. Thanks for the offer)

Cheers mate

Scott

Why different jet sizes below the equator? I'm running OK on northern hemisphere jets.

Wasn't to sure about different jet sizes in different locations, just something I had heard, something to do with differing fuel qualities and atmospheric pressures? Can anyone confirm?

You are correct to some extent. Sometimes at higher elevations you have to advance the ignition and maybe change the jets.

Usually, raising or dropping the needle should fix most problems.