Beyond Belief

OldSkool

:feelssogood: This is the time of year that frustrates me the most in New England, Rain Rain Rain From Nov.08 To Jan 09 15inches of rain and it still coming, Heres the best part Begining of May there will be water Ban signs all over essex county, Which limits lawn watering, Last summer it rained so much i didnt even have to water my lawn. most of these countys dont have much revenue so they get it by water fines and speed traps, AHH massachusetts where you can get a speeding ticket on a dnepr or ural.Recently they tried to pass a law where they could stop you if they saw you weren"t wearing a seat belt in you car, As the law is now you can only get a seatbelt ticket if your stopped for another violation.One selectman tryed to ban Peanutbutter and fluff sandwhiches..It is illegal to frighten a pigeon.Massachusetts liquor stores can only open on Sundays if they are in Berkshire, Essex, Franklin, Middlesex or Worcester counties and are within 10 miles of the Vermont or New Hampshire borders. It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.An ordinance prohibits the use of space gun.Though horses and cows are allowed on the common, dogs are prohibited.Beginning July 10, 2008 a child passenger booster seat is required by law

for children 5-7 years of age or until they reach 4’9” in height, another one in peabody mass , state review of cafeteria practices spurred administrators to can a popular monthly ice cream fundraiser that generated nearly $500 for the host club, such as National Honor Society or the school newspaper.Exactly why the fundraisers were canceled is hard to pinpoint. According to a spokesman for the state, ice cream sales do not comply with the schools' own wellness policy, which requires the cafeteria to offer nutritious meals. The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education also asked that candy be pulled from the school store, and then there is excise tax, where you pay sales tax on your motor vehicles every year,if you have a new vehicle it averages about 6 to 7 hundred dollars a year, and police details every road construction site or building site requires a police detal to direct traffic,rather than use flagmen,which is a civilian that directs traffic, we are the only state left that does not use flagmen,and the mother of all the big dig a 2 billion dollar tunnel project now costing 15 billion and rising.Overall, a recent engineering report shows there are a total of 670 Big Dig leaks, of which 237 are in a category considered the most serious, its not a question of will it implode but when,the contractors were using left over concrete from other jobs in the tunnel, i guess correct me if i am wrong but concrete once mixed has a time limit to which it can be used,Ive driven through that tunnel many times you can see the water leaking through the walls salt water.Water gushed into the Central Artery's northbound tunnel for hours from a small breach in the eastern wall, backing up afternoon rush-hour traffic for miles. 9/14/04, In the winter the water turns to ice in that tunnel, the first pic is of a car that was crushed when a concrete ceiling panel fell on it resulting in the death of a woman, so remember this is a government project, Look how it turned out.

post-4128-1239109594.jpg

post-4128-1239110724_thumb.jpg

post-4128-1239111138_thumb.jpg

post-4128-1239111155_thumb.jpg

I grew up on the east coast and know just what your talking about. A cop on every corner with ticket book in hand. Too many people and too many rules and way too much rain for me.

There's still some freedom to be had out west..............well at least for awhile longer. :feelssogood:

We have a slightly more detailed child seat law now in the EU. Common sence really. As a father I don't have anything against it. As for seatbelt, yes, for the same reasons as I wear a helmet. Anyone who doesn't wear one usually gets what they deserve in a crash.

• 2 weeks later...

Freedom...what is it?...to me in the upper midwest it's the right to pee anywhere on my forty acres I want to.....even if cars are rushing by....at forty its hard to focus on anything that small...... :atombomb: ....Ken

• 2 weeks later...

You guys in New England sound a bit behind the times. Here in Maryland we made the seat belt law a primary offense. Then the "Brown Clowns" MD State Troopers wearing the brown uniforms, borrowed state of the art night vision goggles from the US Army so they could sit on a bridge in a suburban county and give away seat belt tickets at night. The county they chose to run this scam in is in the shadow of 2 of this countries murder capitals, Baltimore and DC, both of which run 300 plus per year.

Welcome to the New Amerika.

You guys in New England sound a bit behind the times. Here in Maryland we made the seat belt law a primary offense. Then the "Brown Clowns" MD State Troopers wearing the brown uniforms, borrowed state of the art night vision goggles from the US Army so they could sit on a bridge in a suburban county and give away seat belt tickets at night. The county they chose to run this scam in is in the shadow of 2 of this countries murder capitals, Baltimore and DC, both of which run 300 plus per year.

Welcome to the New Amerika.

I like the night vision thing, they tried to pass the primary seatbelt law but it failed, now they want to increase the sales tax by 25 percent, to feed the hack machine during thid economic slowdown,

• 3 weeks later...
:ohmy: This is the time of year that frustrates me the most in New England, Rain Rain Rain From Nov.08 To Jan 09 15inches of rain and it still coming, Heres the best part Begining of May there will be water Ban signs all over essex county, Which limits lawn watering, Last summer it rained so much i didnt even have to water my lawn. most of these countys dont have much revenue so they get it by water fines and speed traps, AHH massachusetts where you can get a speeding ticket on a dnepr or ural.Recently they tried to pass a law where they could stop you if they saw you weren"t wearing a seat belt in you car, As the law is now you can only get a seatbelt ticket if your stopped for another violation.One selectman tryed to ban Peanutbutter and fluff sandwhiches..It is illegal to frighten a pigeon.Massachusetts liquor stores can only open on Sundays if they are in Berkshire, Essex, Franklin, Middlesex or Worcester counties and are within 10 miles of the Vermont or New Hampshire borders. It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.An ordinance prohibits the use of space gun.Though horses and cows are allowed on the common, dogs are prohibited.Beginning July 10, 2008 a child passenger booster seat is required by law

for children 5-7 years of age or until they reach 4’9” in height, another one in peabody mass , state review of cafeteria practices spurred administrators to can a popular monthly ice cream fundraiser that generated nearly $500 for the host club, such as National Honor Society or the school newspaper.Exactly why the fundraisers were canceled is hard to pinpoint. According to a spokesman for the state, ice cream sales do not comply with the schools' own wellness policy, which requires the cafeteria to offer nutritious meals. The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education also asked that candy be pulled from the school store, and then there is excise tax, where you pay sales tax on your motor vehicles every year,if you have a new vehicle it averages about 6 to 7 hundred dollars a year, and police details every road construction site or building site requires a police detal to direct traffic,rather than use flagmen,which is a civilian that directs traffic, we are the only state left that does not use flagmen,and the mother of all the big dig a 2 billion dollar tunnel project now costing 15 billion and rising.Overall, a recent engineering report shows there are a total of 670 Big Dig leaks, of which 237 are in a category considered the most serious, its not a question of will it implode but when,the contractors were using left over concrete from other jobs in the tunnel, i guess correct me if i am wrong but concrete once mixed has a time limit to which it can be used,Ive driven through that tunnel many times you can see the water leaking through the walls salt water.Water gushed into the Central Artery's northbound tunnel for hours from a small breach in the eastern wall, backing up afternoon rush-hour traffic for miles. 9/14/04, In the winter the water turns to ice in that tunnel, the first pic is of a car that was crushed when a concrete ceiling panel fell on it resulting in the death of a woman, so remember this is a government project, Look how it turned out.

HI; Here URAL ENTHUSIAST ; I finnaly got my beast back as last Sunday and I been riding around breaking in the new pistons and rings to prepare for my trip to LABRADOR.I have to go to Wakefield this morning and after I will go to Beverly and Danvers to get a few thigs that I need for the trip.I don't know how busy you are but if you can; we can met somewhere in your area for a cup of Joe and chat about ours bikes.I will be going around 9 30 am or so .IF you are interested post me a reply or give me a ring at ; Home 774 776 6048 or my cell 978 290 3295.

Cheers ;URAL ENTHUSIAST.

• 2 months later...

I took my Dnepr MT-16 down to the police station to ask if I had to install a seat belt for my 9 year old. They loved the bike but didn't have an answer. I did not install the belts.

I didn't because my bike is taxed on toll roads as a vehicle and trailer. even though it's wheel is driven. I have argued and argued, but, the state gets to define what a vehicle's class is, and a MT-16 with full time drive is a car and trailer. So, f-'em. No seatbelts in my sidecar.

They are dangerous anyway, better to be thrown out than turned over.

And yes, she wears a helmet.

Reality is, every cop who has seen it thinks it's cool, and that is most of the fight right there.

We are all dads anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

I would argue as to whether sidecar outfits are dangerous or not. Insurance companies tend to price dangerous vehicles off the road this side of the pond. Here in Norway the premiums are very reasonable and I've heard it said they they are one the safest vehicles on the road. This is probably for several reasons. For a start we tend not to go that fast, added to that the asymmetrical nature of the contraption means we have to concentrate a bit harder on what we are doing than your average motorist. Also added to this is the fact that they get a lot of attention.

I took my Dnepr MT-16 down to the police station to ask if I had to install a seat belt for my 9 year old. They loved the bike but didn't have an answer. I did not install the belts.

I didn't because my bike is taxed on toll roads as a vehicle and trailer. even though it's wheel is driven. I have argued and argued, but, the state gets to define what a vehicle's class is, and a MT-16 with full time drive is a car and trailer. So, f-'em. No seatbelts in my sidecar.

They are dangerous anyway, better to be thrown out than turned over.

And yes, she wears a helmet.

Reality is, every cop who has seen it thinks it's cool, and that is most of the fight right there.

We are all dads anyway.

There are laws in every state that say a motorcycle with a sidecar is to be charged no more than a motorcycle alone for tolls.

If you go to the yahoo group SCT: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

or sidecar.com, and look up tolls, on their forums, you will find out who to contact in your state to get your excess toll back and how to straighten it out with the bureaucrat responsible. Hal Kendall has worked very hard to make sure sidecar rigs are tolled the same as motorcycles nationwide.

Dave

If there's no seatbelts required by DOT as OEM equipment on the vehicle at the time of purchase, then I suspect it's not a requirement.

As a point of reference, new 2009 Urals still don't have seatbelts...