any truth to the story?

• 4 weeks later...

Thats a nice report on a classic ride, enjoyed reading it, now I am two hours late to get back to repairing Dneprs, but it was worth it.....Ken in Wisconsin....top of the world :cool:

How the slow down on the world market effecting the Australia? Here in Canada the stockmarket is down and out for a few months now. And as I can only take out a % of the total on retirement. I may have to postpone my trip down to there. May get the bike next year and see if I can use it for riding tours here of the island as we get many americans boats visting it looking for things to do. Picnic for two parents or their kids take up the mountain to the lookout and returen for them three hours later.

post-4333-1226940790_thumb.jpg

How the slow down on the world market effecting the Australia? Here in Canada the stockmarket is down and out for a few months now. And as I can only take out a % of the total on retirement. I may have to postpone my trip down to there. May get the bike next year and see if I can use it for riding tours here of the island as we get many americans boats visting it looking for things to do. Picnic for two parents or their kids take up the mountain to the lookout and returen for them three hours later.

Hi Seeker,

Just for your interest we start tours in January, our web site is at Aussie Sidecar Tours

and yes, they reckon we're part of the global recession, but whilst our dollar was almost 1:1 with US` dollar a couple of months ago we're now about 1/3rd down so for every Australian dollar you spend here will only cost you around 66cents of your currency.

Hi Seeker,

Just for your interest we start tours in January, our web site is at Aussie Sidecar Tours

and yes, they reckon we're part of the global recession, but whilst our dollar was almost 1:1 with US` dollar a couple of months ago we're now about 1/3rd down so for every Australian dollar you spend here will only cost you around 66cents of your currency.

Glad to see you are getting the bussieness up and running Grahm. What time of year would you recommend for the best weather that would not conflict with your other endevors? Are you prices in US or Australian $. Should I bring my own camping gear? I that case I would have to get a smaller tent it may make more sence for me to buy it over there and leave it behind. Can I ride there on a US licence?

Ken , You need an Int'l drivers lic. You can get them at any AAA office, takes about a week.....Ken

Hi Seeker,

Glad to see you are getting the bussieness up and running Grahm. What time of year would you recommend for the best weather that would not conflict with your other endevors? Are you prices in US or Australian $. Should I bring my own camping gear? I that case I would have to get a smaller tent it may make more sence for me to buy it over there and leave it behind. Can I ride there on a US licence?

Hi IVANGROZNEY,

Best time of the year is April-May and September-Oct-Nov and you are able to go virtually anywhere. Late November to the end of March is not really suitable to head into the outback, that's like Las Vegas in summer. May-September is the time to head into the desert areas, November till March will be hot almost everywhere but Kangaroo Island and the south coast of Australia is usually fairly warm but acceptable. Best way to describe the weather in our area is the reciprocal of California weather.